8.24.2008

Hi, I'm Alana! And I'm in a Cult! :)





Hello All! My name is Alana Skye and I'm the new addition to the Fashionation team and makeup is my addiction. I am an artist for a very well known three letter trend setting makeup company ( sssshhh!!). I happen to love, love, love beauty products and long walks in the park. Just kidding!!

I'm constantly looking for that new "It" product and I pay close attention to budding makeup trends. I don't really follow rules. I feel like anyone can make any color work for them. I don't think  there are many wrong answers regarding makeup because after all, it is an art form  and FUN! However, there are definitely ways to perfectly execute a look. Down the line I will be uploading photo tutorials for certain makeup trends and color stories. But uh.. we'll cross that bridge when we get there, k? LOL
Feel free to ask me any questions regarding makeup - I'm an open book! In the mean time, let me get right down to business: MAC Cosmetics Cult of Cherry

I thought that it would be a minute before I would see strong, dramatic eyes paired with strong, dramatic lips again. Well, that moment has arrived just in time for the Fall 2008 Cult of Cherry collection. And I'm digging it hardcore. Seriously.  3 shadow palettes, 4 new lipstick shades, 5 new lipglass colors and all new mattenes!!! Yesss!!!! MAC describes this color story as "The new forbidden fruit. Deep, dark, dramatic. Lips ripened with juicy cerises and intoxicating kirsches while eyes smoulder in luscious spiced chocolate. With its sense of way-to-go dark, this is how we separate the bitter from the sweet..." Well damn! I'm ready!!! 

Now before you all go shaking your heads at this cherry and chocolate inspired collection, remember, ALL looks can be modified. So instead of doing your same ol' neutral gloss paired with a neutral eyeshadow palette, try mixing it up by doing a deeper lip color. Matte and gloss textures can be interchanged on the lips this season. Why not do both? Anyone can pull this off! Don't be shy! Drama is headed your way this Fall! Cult of Cherry is currently available at maccosmetics.com

 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh love the new colors...I def. feeling the dark colors!

Anonymous said...

This was right on time...Im such a plane jane...but lately I have been a little daring. Im used to the neautral colors that's somewhat close similar to my skin tone...Ive decided to do a little more...sometimes when I see females on there way to the club I find myself admiring their make-up. So this Friday I will make my way to the MAC counter or store and let one of the associates make my face up no neutrals something popping...lol, right before I go to work so that I can see the reactions from my patients and co-workers. Thanks Alana