4.30.2007

A Taste of Chicago...(comedy)

You will see the strangest things walking down any street, but this one takes the cake for 2007. Chicago is a very community oriented city, which explains this scenario. The Magic Mart, one of the staple corner stores of Hyde Park, recently closed after more than 15 years...well actually their license was revoked. Anyhow, I am walking by and overhear a couple expressing their regrets for a "shooting" that took place in front of the store. They were observing a memorial and came to that conclusion. So, I look closer to find that the memorial/candlelight vigil is in the memory of the closed Magic Mart!! HILARIOUS!! I swear this would only happen in Chicago...Please let me know if I'm wrong.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here is the story, as of May 2, 2007.

http://www.hpherald.com/